Old November 11th 04, 07:06 PM
havana bill & holly

If you make the interior walls so they can slide out later, when she's
older, you can use foamcore or gatorboard for the interior walls & install
lights, decorate, etc. Also if you make your door & window openings to fit
standard sizes of Houseworks (or other) components & seal the edges, you can
leave them for her to move her dolls through now & install the components
later, so that the house can "grow" with her changing tastes & maturing
appreciation for miniatures.
"robert stephens" wrote
I ended up going with the 1/12 scale. We're going to have to
worry about the swallow everything problem regardless, unfortunately.

I also ended up going with 1/2" birch plywood (so it is going to be
heavy). I wanted to use 3/8", but all that I could find was either in too
small of sheets or was not finished.

On the plus side, the shell and inner walls are done (well, doors and
windows need to be cut). It's on hold for the moment, as we are taking a
trip, but I expect December to be a busy month.

-Robert