Old December 19th 03, 04:58 PM
Mike Behrent

One of my sons took Home Ec in high school. He even won the schools chili
cooking contest. Of course, his primary reason for taking the class was he
was the only boy in a room full of girls G. It did him alot of good though
and it should be a required course for everybody. Sooner or later everybody
is faced with making their own meals, housekeeping and the rest of the
domestic chores. My wife and I made sure all 4 of our sons were familiar
with the essential everyday skills.
Mike in Wisconsin

"dnmgiordano" wrote in message
I am not sure about your area, but where I live they teach home economics

in
high school, thats where I got my first experience with sewing, do they
offer that in her school?

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
How about investing in sewing lessons? Buy a decent used machine at a

local
store that will teach your daughter how to get the most out of it?

Diana

--

http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

"Xena" wrote ...
And before you let her drive it on her own, make sure she understands

not
pull the fabric through the machine. A lot of beginning sewers end up
scratching the plate and breaking a lot of needles because they are

fighting the
feed dogs. A scratched plate can snag or drag at the fabric.
Xena