Old December 19th 03, 03:13 PM
dnmgiordano

I am not sure about your area, but where I live they teach home economics in
high school, thats where I got my first experience with sewing, do they
offer that in her school?

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
How about investing in sewing lessons? Buy a decent used machine at a

local
store that will teach your daughter how to get the most out of it?

Diana

--

http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

"Xena" wrote ...
And before you let her drive it on her own, make sure she understands

not
pull the fabric through the machine. A lot of beginning sewers end up
scratching the plate and breaking a lot of needles because they are

fighting the
feed dogs. A scratched plate can snag or drag at the fabric.
Xena