Old June 6th 04, 02:09 PM
KJ

I took a class in Paducah from Caryl Bryer Fallert in which we used "Printed
Treasures" sheets. They came out beautifully. But Caryl uses "Bubble Jet
Set" for all her printing projects. I have used BJS for my print projects
and have been satisfied, but haven't had the outcome that Caryl has. I
blame my printer more than the fabric prep. I keep hoping my printer will
croak.
Oh and I use the full size label sheets to back my fabric before printing.
I never had consistent results with the ironing on freezer paper
instructions. My printer feeds in a curve and I would get a bubble in the
fabric that wouldn't print correctly. The label sheets have taken care of
that. They are difficult to remove for the first time, but after that are
reusable and easier to remove. I put my fabric on the label, then trim again
to make sure there is no fabric overhang or sticky label area not covered.

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam-" before mchsi

"Kellie J. Berger" wrote in message
I know we have talked at length about ways to print on your own fabric and
what to use to set it and on and on and on....

I need to know, of the brands that you can buy the pre-treated sheets of
fabric, ready to be fed thru the printer.... which brand(s) have you all
used and been really happy with. And why were you so happy? Was it the
feel of the fabric? Ease of printing? True colors? Lasting colors?
Washability (is that a word?)?

I have 2 projects where i can use this stuff. I've lost all the info i
gathered at the quilt festival last year One project is for a quilt
and the other is for a T-Shirt. So one will be washed gently, and not

often
and the other will get a lot of washings and more "wear" if you will. I
will not likely use fusable stuff for either project. I have an HP 1120C
printer if that makes any difference at all!

Thanks for any input! Even if it is just "stay away from XXXXX brand" it
will help!

Kellie
bergerk at sbcglobal dot net