Old February 20th 17, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default cross stitch lovers: to grid or not to grid?

I never grid. To me it takes too much time from actual stitching. I am more a "relational" stitcher, that is I check to see that my stitches are where they belong - this stitch is 2 spaces to the left of this stitch and 1 space above that stitch. I also find it helpful to enlarge my pattern, especially if it's a complicated one and to highlight the stitches that I have done. I love the Sampler you're doing. In fact I've debated about getting it, but my Stash is growing out of its containers as it is!

Pat in SJ