Old February 4th 17, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default New pics

On Friday, February 3, 2017 at 2:25:14 PM UTC-6, Joan Erickson wrote:
Hi all!

I posted some new pics to my album in rctnp. I stitched them a while
back but finally just got them framed.

--
Joan

Joan, I loved your award-winning violets!! I used to be huge into violets...had 50+ different varieties and my own grow lights at one point. In fact that's the reason my online name is "violet."

Also that hardanger is beyond gorgeous. Hardanger seems to be the one thing I can't do. No matter how careful I am I always end up snipping the wrong thread and ruining the entire piece.

I'm also impressed how you entered your pieces in for judging at fairs. I've always been afraid to do that because the back of my pieces are never quite perfect enough (IMHO). At least in my county fair, the judging standards seem ridiculously high.