Old February 11th 04, 07:37 AM
Christina Peterson

Karen, your BINs are very reasonably priced. I can't imagine your wholesale
being anything but a good deal. As for 30% off $300, that's a good deal
too.

Tina

"Karen_AZ" wrote in message

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
Am I the only person who works with lampwork beads who faces this

problem?

Tina

It's interesting, my show partner and I had a run-in with some small store
owners over the weekend. We both had our beads priced for wholesale since

it
was primarily a wholesale show. I was willing to take a deeper discount

for
a reasonable quantity, and said so (30% off $300 purchase). These ladies
were very unhappy with this and quite vocal about it, saying we were
obviously unwilling to work with them. Well, yes, we were. I'm not
cutthroating my own income to make their store sales easier. Nobody else
complained, and I came home to 3 large orders, so obviously I'm doing
something right. I do appreciate their position, but I think they had
difficulty in even perceiving mine. I politely told them I had beads in
several stores already, sold at the same prices. If their local market

can't
handle that, there's not much I can do about it.

--
KarenK
www.desertdreameraz.com