Old February 23rd 10, 10:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
John

Default Results of those Long, Cold February Days.

On Feb 23, 5:14*pm, "BEI Design"
wrote:
John wrote:
I have been waiting for spring to arrive here in the
Midwest, and I made myself a large sketching board to
take out into the woods and sketch pastoral views. I
needed a larger carry bag to handle the board, sketch
pad, pencils and all the other impedimenta that goes
along with such endeavors. Here is what results from all
that time stuck inside waiting for spring. The bag is 23"
wide x 21" tall x 3" deep. It is made from Black Cotton
Duck which is quilted and a pattern called Tumbling
Blocks is used on the front and flap of the bag. A padded
and quilted strap completes the piece. I had the fabric
from a large stash of solid color patriotic stuff, that I
use to make quilts for Veterans. There are two views
showing the bag closed and with the flap thrown back
showing the matching of flap pattern to bag front. The
flap is closed to the bag front, with brass snaps. This
should stand me in pretty good stead while stumbling
through the poison Oak in search of the perfect view.
Here you go.
http://picasaweb.google.com/ljtaylor...55810537926722

John

Wow! *That is matched so well that I didn't see the flap
until I looked at the second picture. *Well done!

--
Beverlyhttp://ickes.us/default.aspx

Obsession to detail, is my middle name. Well, three middle names.
Thanks.
John