Old June 28th 06, 11:28 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Default Replacing bra shelf foam with horsehair?

Yes yes, that's what the tricot would be for, a complete layer against
the skin. I have to cover all the SAs with tricot strips anyway, so
that part is okay. But I'm not sure if the horsehair will be flexible
enough.

Do you guys have any other suggestions for fabrics? I suppose there
are various weaves of power nets. Why do bra manufacturers use this
foam stuff instead of power net for interior shelves in general? I
guess I should consider stretch laces, which are soft and I assume more
breathable than the foam. I like the idea of layering a soft fabric
and a stronger one, both very thin with open weaves.

Pora