Old November 16th 03, 02:09 PM
John Gallagher

Well ,what to teach is the problem!! I have had enquiries from more absolute
beginners who want to learn.Have decided to use our new school art room here
in the village fortnightly on a Monday but where do you start. Maybe with
samplers.Suppose they need to know how to use a rotary and ruler.Any
suggestions welcome! Estelle
"annie" wrote in message
om...
Well done Estelle,

I taught my first class in February so I know exactly what you mean
about being bushed afterwards.
I felt particularly satisfied when one of the ladies rang me a couple
of months afterwards to say that she had finished the quilt and wanted
to pick my brains about colours for another one which I had taken to
show them. This was a sample which used the same technique but placed
the pieces differently to give a totally different effect.

So what are you teaching next and where????? Could this be the
beginning of an RCTQ workshop meet up???

annie

John Gallagher wrote:

I'm so pleased with myself. I just took my 1st ever workshop for

Christmas
runners ,stockings, coasters and winebags etc. I made the worksheets

and
designs and it was so rewarding as 2 of the Ladies had never done any
patchwork before!!Mind you I'm bushed. They all said they enjoyed it

and
want to start up a little group in our village in the new year Sorry

bother you all with this, but I feel very satisfied with my effort and

think I couldn't sleep last night.lol! Estelle ( Great Britain!!) lol