Old August 10th 09, 04:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Belinda Alene

Default knitting rags

Thanks for the ideas for use of rags. I do a lot of sewing and have uses for
most of the scrap, except the long thin strips less than an inch wide or pieces
smaller the 4inx4in (size used to make 9 square quilt blocks). I do more
crochet than knitting, so I will try some rag crochet. I have lap looms to try
weaving rag rugs.

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 01:11:11 -0400, "DA" wrote:

"mirjam" wrote in message
It has been years since i tore old clothes to knit/weave with ,,, i
think it time again , stuff piles up . what i can repair /recycle i
do ,, what can be donated was donated , and still ,,, i have my own
stuff and , Because people know i do it , they give me more bags with
stuff , which i sort out for recycling /donating/ giving to friends
who can use it as is or remaking it ,,, and still ,,,,, i need to do
more , thus maybe another round of rag knitting and weaving will have
a good result on my closets !!!!
mirjam

Do you weave "rag rugs"? You use plain cotton thread for the warp and
strips of rags for the weft. They turn out to be beautiful.
DA