Old May 4th 05, 03:26 AM
William Black

"CheshireCat" wrote in message

Do make sure you're know they're gold. I bought a "9k" necklace from ebay
recently which only had markings on the lobster clasp. These clasps can be
picked up for a few pounds from the www. There were no other markings on
the chain itself.

I had a silver charm bracelet in the shop last week. Someone had bought it
on ebay as 'silver'.

The clasps were, as you say, marked.

When I heated it up to solder on a charm the damn thing started leaking soft
solder all over the place, and afterwards it wouldn't clean up in the pickle
or take a polish.

A seriously ****ed off customer...

--
William Black

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
Barbeques on fire by chalets past the headland
I've watched the gift shops glitter in the darkness off Newborough
All this will pass like ice-cream on the beach
Time for tea