Old December 21st 03, 02:43 AM
Javahut

"bill yohler" wrote in message
om...
offering for your consideration, viewing and reading pleasure, and

snipped in the interest of bandwidth

hope all have a merry season, peace,

dave

I am a beveller, and I am curious, Dave?

Why put yourself to the grief? Yeah, I know these machines have served you
well, but so did my old 386-25 computer.
The problem you have is that the learning curve needed to make these produce
a good bevel is more than alot of people have in an age of necessary high
production per hour. High speed diamond wheels cut the time on the machine.
Yes, there is some specialty moves that they can't do, but they are not run
into that often.

Here is the kicker, I bevel on equipment such as what you are selling, but
if I were buying today the machines would have to do more inches per hour.
It's just business.

By the way, its not that your machines aren't worth it, there just is not
anyone left with the time and inclination to learn to bevel by hand on that
type of machine. I have a friend trying to sell a Denver 30" set. New it
was $13,000 fob Denver, they are down to $2000 and can't move it.
Same thing you have, rougher, smoother,with good Lombard wheel, incurve
rougher and smoother, cork and fiber wheels with polisher(30").
Are you willing to sell them that low? I doubt it.

By the way, the Smithsonian has a set, as does the Greenfield Village in
Dearborn, and the Center for Creative Studies in Detroit. Bet Wheaton
Village has some too! There isn't anyone left to donate them to either

Offshore and Pacific Rim are heavy into high speed diamond, even they know
its more efficient, nobody does if for the joy and personal satisfaction of
creation.

I bet you knew all this, I just didn't have anything else to do this evening
so I thought I would be the nice guy before saying they are nothing better
than a boat anchor.