Old November 17th 09, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Kay Lancaster

Default London Calling

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 14:47:37 -0800 (PST), Donna wrote:
Any advice? I get to tag along with my hubby on a trip to London in
January. I've got two days when he is in full-conference mode set
aside for the V & A. What else should we plan? Only have a week.

Could you manage a day trip to Bath? The costume museum there is excellent.
http://www.museumofcostume.co.uk/

And did you know the V&A has a textiles study room?
http://www.vam.ac.uk/resources/print...x.html#textile

Should you happen to decide to stop at the Natural History Museum, pay
attention to the ornamentation on the pillars inside and out... there
are some beautiful designs derived from plants.

Kay