Old February 24th 16, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Default I brought home a new old sm

Hello and welcome to this group. Don't know how you found us, but glad you
posted. You might not realize that you responded to a 2010 post, but that's
OK. Lots of us who post to this group have a good many sewing machines, the
older ones and great new machines! We are from many different countries, so
let us know where you are. Hope to see your posts often!
Barbara in FL, USA

wrote in message

On Friday, February 12, 2010 at 8:55:36 PM UTC-5, Sunny wrote:
I went to my fav junk store today looking for old postcards and came
home short $27 but carrying a Kenmore 117.812 (circa 1948) in its
original carrying case. http://www.pbase.com/kuby/vintage_sewing_machines
Obviously this isn't my photo, but it's the same model and gives you
an idea of how it looks. Original manual in the case, all the feet
any person could possibly dream up, four bobbins, a couple needles. I
cleaned it up and gave it an oiling and she runs like a dream. It's
light enough to carry to classes and I may keep it and sell one of my
other 'extra' sewing machines. I looked on ebay and the price for this
machine is either $50 or $165. Take your pick.

(clip)