Old August 18th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Default Yoohoo, Mommies!

Lucille wrote:

I do hope you were kidding when you underestimated grannies!!!

Lucille

I happen to know this particular batch of grannies well enough to know
that most of them don't compute (or if they do, the extent of their
ability is sending an all-text e-mail).

If we tried to tell them Webkinz is the latest fad, those who have never
heard of them would simply think we're feeding them a line to make
sales, and ask "don't you have any Barbie clothes?" because they know
what Barbies are and know that they have bought Barbies for the tykes.

Most will not be accompanied by grandkids who will confirm that they own
Webkinz and want clothes for them, so I'd rather sell the grannies what
they recognize and are comfortable buying than take the risk on making
clothes for Webkinz (which I'd never heard of myself before now; none of
the kids I buy for are into them) and bringing 90% of them back home
while losing out on sure sales of Barbie clothes.

Plus, we have umpty-ump patterns for Barbie, don't have to try to create
our own for Webkinz. I don't know how good she is at making her own
patterns from scratch.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 7/27/08 - MLI Christmas Visit

WIP: Oriental Kimono (Janlynn), MLI The Teacher (gift to
the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/