Old August 17th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Walker Family[_2_]

Default Yoohoo, Mommies!

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 22:46:15 -0700, Karen C in California
wrote:

What are Barbie clothes going for these days?

I used to sew a lot and often made duplicate outfits for the dolls to
match ones I made my girls. A local church sold Barbie outfits a few
years ago, and they didn't sell as well as you would think. Some
people said their kids wanted the "real" Barbie clothes and most
others didn't think anything should be more than $3, even some pretty
fancy evening gowns. We ended up donating most of them to charity.

At least the cost outlay is minor if you already have fabric scraps,
trim, small buttons or yarn. I've still got a ton of the clothes and
dolls in my attic waiting for my granddaughter to get a little older.
I've got garage sale dolls I'm refurbishing and plan to add some
clothes to a few of them for my youngest niece. Moni