Old August 17th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Default Yoohoo, Mommies!

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 8/17/08 2:28 PM, in article , "Karen C
in California" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Now - I'm going to point you in a different direction. Webkinz are the rage
of the moment. DD loves them. They come in "Little Kinz" and "Big Kinz". DD
loves them and actually will dress them up.

Ah, but then we've got to buy Webkinz to custom-fit them to. We already
own Barbies, and have patterns for them.

Only one of each size... $20 investment.

The point of this venture is to make money, not spend it.

Barbie is proven to be enduring, Webkinz are flavor of the month, and by
next year our $20 investment might be worthless junk and no one want to
buy what we've made for next year's sale.

Besides, most of the clientele at this thing are grannies and
great-grannies -- Barbie they will recognize, Webkinz they won't have a
clue.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader

Finished 7/27/08 - MLI Christmas Visit

WIP: Oriental Kimono (Janlynn), MLI The Teacher (gift to
the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/