Old August 17th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Yoohoo, Mommies!

On 8/17/08 12:29 PM, in article ,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 08:15:30 -0700 (PDT), lewmew
opined:

..

I would like to gather up every Barbie I could and have a big bonfire.
It amazes me that women would still buy these damned things for their
daughters ! * Think anorexia for one.

If you think Barbies are bad, check out Bratz:

http://www.thehandicrafts.net/static...blog/bratz.jpg

MUCH worse - makes Barbie look positively prudish!

Linda

I don't care for those either - who designs these things for little
girls ? Prolly the same people who design much of the slutty looking
clothing in the girls departments.

I expect I sound harsh, or dated, but I really feel quite strongly
about it and always hated barbie, she wasn't welcome in our home and I
wasn't old and outdated then !

I can't figure it out either. I wasn't a fan of Barbie when I was a kid;
just didnšt "get it". If I wanted to dress up, I had dress up clothes that
more or less fit me and plenty of imagination. Dressing up a doll, no
thanks.

NOW - for the moms with young girls, I love these dolls

http://www.onlyheartsclub.com/

Clothing is modest and real. They are "real" girls, with pets and stories
and "jobs". DD has just about out grown them, but unlike the odd Barbie, DD
has felt no need to destroy them.

Cheryl