Old September 1st 06, 10:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

Default sample of what I hope to be my first quilt

it looks like you are well on your way to making a nice quilt - I'd wait
with deciding the sashing till you have all the blocks made, as real life
and computer sometimes differ on opinion. also doing sashing on the bias
will be a nightmare - keep it on the straight of grain - you will otherwise
spend all eternity cursing the quilt ;-)

incidentally: 4 squares of 5" will make a 9" square ( you said 7 1/2"
somewhere else hence my comment)
--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

I have sat up tonight scanning the material then drawing out in paint
shop pro what I hope my first quilt will look like. The link to it is
here. Not the best but it took me two hours to get this far, more
epxlainations on the page itself. I promise this is not porn, well
unless I get hacked into and someone changes all my index files.

http://www.mountain-breeze.com/quilt/

Now this is not the actually quilt put together it is just a drawing
using the squares. I am not sure how big I am going to make this but
I have something like 200 5" squares just like this. So I can just
about go as big as I want with using sashing, but I am actually
thinking of making my twin cousins, 5 years old doll quilts out of it.
So I am not sure what size it needs to be.

Please go gently on me, this is my first put together .

Jacqueline
http://www.mountain-breeze.com
Recipes and other fun things