Old March 23rd 17, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Violet Stitches

Default Post new pics

Thanks ladies! I must agree, the crewel "bluebird of happiness" is the most lovely of all my creations...even if it was a bit laborious to stitch.

I'm of the mind that one should always try new forms of stitching, as you never know what might become your next love. For a long time I was totally sick of cross stitch and wouldn't even look at it, and now I love it again because it's simple and stress free. I tried hardanger once before, but due to bad directions I threw that mess of a bookmark out in a frustrated fury....now thanks to Joan (and instructions via flosstube) I'm ready to give it another go. I've considered giving stumpwork a try too, but for some reason I find that one pretty intimidating.