Old May 22nd 04, 01:07 PM
Katherine

Good for her! Kandace has knitted a couple of hats out of that kind of yarn.
Katherine

Slinky wrote:
The gal I took to the YS today chose some "Easter grass" yarn (for
lack of a better idea) as her take-home. The stuff is some sort of
nylon with bits hanging out that resemble nothing as much as shreds of
Easter grass. She's going to make a funky hat for herself out of the
stuff, having learned today to knit in the round and K2tog.

Next stop, socks and the finer point of turning a heel.

I'm working on the CSM this evening. I dyed 5x90gm hanks of 3/14s
wool earlier today and thanks to northerly breezes and sun the stuff
is bone dry already. I'm cranking my American Pie socks right now
(red white and blue, doncha know) then will move on to Dusky Grapes.
I've got three Easter egg-colorways too (leftover dye pills) but 5
pairs in one day is beyond my endurance right now! My speed is
improving - on hte 72-slot cylinder I can crank a pair of socks in
about 90 minutes including breaks to get up and stretch.