Old July 22nd 03, 06:52 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Sarah, i do not know what you study ,
but probably your studies have some book lists that would add to your
subject. As much as i appreciate , book lists given by Tv
personalities like Oprah, if you are such a strong wiled person , why
not go to your public library and discuss your interests with one of
the librarians , she / he might give you a list of books , either
classical , professional , or contemporary that will fit your needs or
appetite for reading. The maker of such list might give you a more
ballanced list and knowing what you have already explored , might show
you new roads, than sticking to a list More general for all likle the
Tv personality`s list.
You might of course also go to the libraray index catalog and sort out
books by subjects. I would advice you to widen your reading ,
sideways, meaning if you read a novel about a period , why not add at
least one History book that deals with that period. Or some other
realated Literature, this will really widen your horizon. Remeber the
wonderful expression ,`She is reading for a degree in .....`
best of luck
mirjam
[ex librarian ]
I stuck up for myself! Actually my reading interests vary - I LOVE reading
but since most of my friends don't have any of the same interests that I
do - I have to go on other's advice

I have gone through 8 of Oprah's titles so far. Right now I am about 2/3rds
thru "The Corrections" by Johnathon Franzen. Next on my list is "Mother of
Pearl" by Melinda Haynes My goal is to get thru her old list of books by
the end of the summer.

Like I mentioned before - I'm a strong willed person

Sarah