Old September 2nd 10, 08:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie[_2_]

Default New quilt finished - pix

On 2 Sep, 13:24, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Nope. *Not going to happen. *We will not tastefully arrange that treasure on
the red lounge. *Bronnie, dear friend, that magnificent creation just must
become a wall hanging. *It is far too wonderful to just wrap around; it
deserves to be given a place of honor where its full impact can be
appreciated. *I have a nice blank wall in the dining room. *Send it to me.
Polly

"Bronnie" wrote in message

On 2 Sep, 12:39, Jennifer in Ottawa wrote:

A wonderfully exciting quilt! My nephew is leaving tomorrow for
Southampton to embark on a cruise to Dublin, Iceland, Greenland,
Newfoundland and New York! We'll have to compare photos when he
starts sending them...jennellh

On Sep 1, 10:12 pm, Bronnie wrote:

I have just finished a Japanese fabric inspired quilt called
"Kirichigae" which means 'changed cut'. Named after the block (#39)
in the book "Japanese Quilt Blocks, to mix & match" by Susan Briscoe.
The block comprises a set of four 6in. blocks using a 4" centre and
striped fabric which is integral to the design.
Half the quilt on the diagonal is alternating plain blocks with
sashiko designs taken from the same book. That was fun to do and not
too challenging for meg.
I purchased a stack of 100 x 4" squares in Japan in May and found this
design a good way to highlight them. Two pieces of the plain blocks
were antique 8" squares - the little mouse in the top left hand corner
which is just darling - DH said it is instead of an 'elephant stamp'
for good workg. the other is Row 6, #2. They cost about $10 each
but I think it was well spent.
The quilt measures 130 x 160 cm and will be a throw on the red TV
lounge. It is snuggly warm.
Here is the
link:http://picasaweb.google.com/bronferr...51209703714215...

OT: DH and I are off on another travel adventure next week. To the
Arctic - starting from Iceland to Greenland, Newfoundland, Labrador
and finishing in Nova Scotia. It is an expedition cruise on the MS
Fram, Hurtigruten line. We are spending 10 days in Scandinavia first.
I wonder where the quilt shops will be g?

Hugs
Bronnie

Thanks Jennifer! *Hope your nephew has a great trip. We'll have to
compare pix indeed.

Ha! Wellll, it does look nice on the sofa. I'll have to post a pix
in situ. Then I'll think about sending it to you. Not.

Hugs
Bronnie