Old May 24th 11, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default today's challenge

I do the same, but with a 3-stitch zigzag. and if you want a really
smooth join, sometimes it's worth laying the 2 pieces next to each
other on your cutting table, edges overlapping just a bit. then cut
through the overlap. Makes the "bumps" match up.
Roberta in D

On Mon, 23 May 2011 19:41:49 -0700, "Trixie" wrote:

I butt the two pieces of batting and zig zag stitch them together by
machine. It only takes a few minutes and the results are excellent! This tip
really improved my experience, as I used to hand whip-stitch the pieces
together, which took a long time and the results were not nearly so nice.

Trixie

"Karen Tucker" wrote in message
Today's challenge is piecing batting. I've never done very much of it
before, but - here goes.

Karen, Queen of Squishies