Old May 24th 11, 04:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default today's challenge

If you happen to have one, I found that the gathering foot (no kidding)
works well for this. The silly-looking thing has an absolutely flat foot
and won't get involved in the fluff of batting. Polly

"Trixie" wrote I butt the two pieces of batting and zig zag stitch them
together by
machine. It only takes a few minutes and the results are excellent! This
tip really improved my experience, as I used to hand whip-stitch the
pieces together, which took a long time and the results were not nearly so
nice.

"Karen Tucker" Today's challenge is piecing batting. I've never done
very much of it
before, but - here goes.