Old September 29th 04, 11:31 AM
LL Phillips

Hi Karen S.

Since I wrote the group having carriage jams, I've managed to get
someone to make me a fake needle bar retainer out of a piece of
aluminum - the kind used for house siding. It helped immensely
getting a new sponge bar in place. There is still one area about one
foot in length where it is very tight trying to pass the carriage but
I think that may have something to do with the clamps causing a WOW if
that is possible.

Also I've purchased some gun oil but have been afraid to use it on the
plastic after I saw what it did to my metal bed machine.
Lorraine

Oh, so that's not just me. I'd been fiddling with the tension knobs
trying to get it to stop.

--
Karen S.