Old October 25th 03, 12:17 PM
Joy Hardie

Here is what I do when I sew beads on stretchy fabric.
For areas that don't require lot's of stretch I don't put them in a
hoop, but for most other areas I stretch them about as they will be
on the body in a hoop. Then, I thread a beading needle with WOOLY
NYLON (the serger spool type) (using one of those threaders - of
course). I try to meander the pattern so it doesn't follow a straight
line. If it goes back and forth some it allows more stretch. I use
double thickness of the wooly nylon so sometimes it isn't possible to
pass through each bead twice because it is a squeeze. When you tie
off securely, be sure to use a drop of glue on the knot just to be
safe. It still isn't quick......but it beats doing them individually
and they will stay on!
Joy

DD's class is having costume night this coming Thursday, and I wanted to make her
something she could also wear for dress up later, so i'm taking a little dance outfit
i found at the thrift store and putting beads, sequins and rhinestones on it, so that
she looks like an ice princess.

I can't find any elastic thread that is thin enough for the beading
needles and the hex cut beads i'm using, so the only real way i can get the beads on
without them popping off when DD puts on the leotard is to sew them on individually.
This is so incredibly time consuming, that i was wondering if anyone would have some
suggestions on what else i could do.

Thanks for any advice you may have!