Old October 6th 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
nanner

Default work in progress: fantasy figures

i'd love to share some of the work in progress i have right now.

i finished a little fairy that i made mainly to test out using maribou
feathers for hair (i like it!!)

also i have this large figure i am doing, you can see his hand and face
here. Last night i got all his parts assembled and am making him a cloth &
stuffing over wire armature body. I hope it goes as planned because there
was no plan originally lol I made the face and had a year ago and they have
been sitting around os i finally decided to do SOMETHING with them!!

the larger fairy sitting is something i'd like to finish, she needs paint
enhancement, hair and wings. Also her hand broke in half where the wire
ends, i didn't armature into the fingers so i need to repair that part. Any
suggestions? it's the hand she is leaning on. i like the body alot but would
like to do a more feminine/pretty face. not sure where i am goiung with this
yet - just got into it this week really.

the chubby head was done following someone's interesting tutorial, a
technique that builds from the inside out, so different than my style but i
was trained in tradional sculpture using roma plastalina. so that guy has a
neck and is backed now, i need to build a body lol

so much i want to do and so little time!! and plus - it's halloween time, i
am making costumes too! (last night was all sewing, no claying)

gothic fairy
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/nanner2000/GF4.jpg i was testing the new toaster
oven so i made a little figure and it turned into this!!

other work in progress
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/nanner200...inprogress.jpg

thanks for looking!