Old January 15th 04, 03:10 PM
Quil

Default Anyone know about Insulite or Insulbrite for oven mitts?

I saw this stuff at a LQS last week for $2.50 yard. It looks like batting,
but it had silver metal in it, or so it seems, and it is used in making oven
mitts and pot holders that really keep the oven heat from reaching your
hands. I can't find it at TSWLTH or Hancock's locally, and so I am asking
if any of you have seen it, used it, can you remember if you saw it less
than $2.50 yard, did the metal bother your machine needle or rotary cutter
blade edge? Does it really do the job well?
I know that $2.50 a yard is cheap, but Wonder Under is frequently 99 cents a
yard, and so why would I pay $2.50 a yard for it if I could find it for
less?

Cyndi