Old July 14th 03, 07:14 PM
EJ

In article ,
says...
I also switched years ago to Continental style and I knit very fast
and loose now.

I always have to change gauge to 1-2 sizes smaller needles, in fact I
cannot knit teeny at all. I tried to knit a baby item for my new niece
a few years ago and simply couldn't get the 7.5 sts/in needed.

But, that's a small price to pay for loving to knit fast and relaxed!

I always knit continental...I taught myself and never really knit any other way and I can
do baby things and other small stitches just fine. Perhaps it has to do with switching
from one to the other and the difference in "feel"? Or that because continental generally
goes faster the stitches sort of don't have time to be tight? (I know that sounds weird
but I think you know what I mean. At least I hope so... )

EJ