Old March 16th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Martha

Default Image transfer to ring...help..

I realize he wants to insert into ring but I still think it would get
totally trashed from normal hand wear, not to mention hand washing, putting
on lotion, etc. Epoxy would be much stronger but Nanner has worked with
Epoxy and doesn't believe even that is strong enough.

I have learned a lot by experimenting and making mistakes, but I if I think
something won't work well from the beginning I hate to see somebody go to
all that trouble only to have it self destruct in a matter of weeks or
months. Just my two cents.

To Greg - if you try it please let us know how it works out after a suitable
period of wear.

Martha

"nanner" wrote in message
I agree but how strong would that be? i wouldn't manufacture them that way
(with inset PC). i have done epoxy over images in production and it worked,
there are epoxies that are supposed to be non-yellowing when they age. and
epoxy can be cleaned up up on the wheel (carefuly) after it's cured.

I would want to find something stronger than epoxy though

----------------------

One of a Kind Fantasy Sculptures & Art Dolls
www.enchantedwhimsies.com

"PenguinTrax" wrote in message
oups.com...
I think he wants to insert the polymer clay into a channel of a
sterling ring, as in the example.

On Mar 14, 7:54 pm, "Martha" nospam @ nospam.com wrote:
I would also suggest something like Lazertran, or T-shirt transfers, but
don't think polymer clay would make a very good ring. It's just not
sturdy
enough.

Martha

"Ann Eales" wrote in message

Have you tried Lazertran, it will work on clay?
Ann
UK