Old August 4th 03, 03:46 AM
Kaytee

In article ,
(BedazzlingJewels) writes:

I'm trying to encourage my son's artistic ability. He's pretty good with
watercolors and I read somewhere that you can use watercolor pencils to
"paint" on polymer clay. I was thinking maybe he could make some focal beads

or
pendants that I could use and if they sell, he'd see that his artistic talent
can even make him some money! ... I thought working with clay would appeal to

him. Any tips/suggestions will be appreciated.
"Does he like to work with clay?" is the question to have answered.
My not so little artist (almost 18) knows HOW to make very nice hemp macrame
jewelry... fellow students and teachers have asked him to make it for them...
even offered to pay him for it... I've offered to include it with my jewelry at
shows, for no charge/commission. He also does pretty well with strung designs,
and has known how to do peyote st since at least 5th grade.

However, it's not the kind of "art" he wants to do... so he doesn't, no matter
that it could help pay for what he does want (and, he does plan a career in
art, so it's not that he objects to selling his creations). The only times he
makes any is when his personal chokers/bracelets need replacing, or a GF wants
one....

Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com