Old August 7th 05, 03:28 AM
Cheryl

Murphy's Laws of buying sewing machines:

1. Most of the machines perform without PC interfaces, but the features you
want won't be there if you don't have one.
2. the list of attachment for any of these machines is endless, and the
manufacturer will always tell you you need more.
3. The demonstrator will zip through everything, making it all look so
easy - it isn't. Factor in many classes, much practise and a couple of
bottles of nerve tonic (your choice - I prefer brandy).
4. And this one is serious - some brands now treat their sewing machines as
computers. The sister of a friend paid a lot of money for a machine just
over three years ago and when it went on the fritz she sent it back to the
factory for servicing. Response - "we don't support that chip anymore".
Can't remember at the moment what brand it was but don't think it was
Singer.

You don't always have this luxury but I would prefer to keep my embroidery
capacity and basic sewing on separate machines. The cost is usually no
more, and I have a serious distrust of any machine that promises to do
everything under the sun and all of it perfectly. Most "all singing all
dancing" models do some things very well and others acceptably. They are
getting better but . . . . .

Hope you can get some first hand advice from an owner within the group.

--
Cheryl ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced......

"KittyG" wrote in message
Looking at the Singer Futura CE-100 ...the text states to "Just plug into
your computer and the options are endless. (Laptop shown is sold
separately.) "

A lot of ads for embroidery machines say this...what is the computer used
for besides digitizing programs? These machines are still stand alone,
right? All the gadgets and software they say you need for these things

gets
really confusing. What accessories exactly do you need?

And does anyone like the Singer Futura?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...A90548%3A90433

kitty in phx

http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee