Old November 15th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

Default Washing Corduroy

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:47:47 +1100, "CATS" wrote:

Actually Blue/tan and pink/lavender sound really good.

Some scrappy bits of brown and navy could go with both and
add some variation.

Well the main blue is often referred to as Yale blue, then I have some
turquoise to add as a zinger. So mostly a dark blue and tan quilt
with bits of bright turquoise through out. I might also work in some
light denim-y colored cord.

Since so many people replied to my earlier thread about corduroy
quilts being heavy and warm without batting, I've decided to just use
muslin as a foundation. It will be pieced in large strips onto the
muslin, then a binding added. Like one giant strip pieced block. I
won't have to tie or quilt it since the sewing will hold the two
layers together.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at