Old November 14th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default Washing Corduroy

Actually Blue/tan and pink/lavender sound really good.

Some scrappy bits of brown and navy could go with both and
add some variation.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

"Debra" wrote in message
: I'm out of work sick and using the times when I feel the
best to wash
: and dry that fabric I got from my aunt. I started with the
cord
: because that had the biggest pieces and I'm fairly sure
what I want to
: do with it. I must admit that I've never seen so much
fuzz in my
: life. I know it's just the nature of this fabric, but I
may have to
: vacuum this stuff before sewing. It is a good thing I'm
washing it
: though. I thought I had two different shades of pink, but
after
: washing I found out it was four shades. I thought I had
three
: different blues, but I have two blues and a lavender.
I've also got
: one printed cord with a blue background to add to the mix.
:
: I'm going to have to rootle in my stash a little. I seem
to remember
: a bit of paisley print corduroy and wonder if that would
work with the
: other fabrics.
:
: (sounds of footsteps dwindling away, nothing for several
minutes, then
: footsteps returning)
:
: Well, I've had a quick rootle and didn't find the printed
cord but I
: did find a whopping big piece in tan. I checked to see if
it would
: work, and it goes perfectly with the blues and pinks.
There may be
: enough to just use blues and tan for a quilt for DH,
leaving me with
: pink and lavender. Not sure I'll like a pink and lavender
quilt
: 'cause it sounds so Barbie colored, but DH does not want
pink for
: himself. At any rate, Mom is coming over later with some
muslin and
: we will ponder the quilt possibilities together.
: Debra in VA
: See my quilts at
: http://community.webshots.com/user/debplayshere