Old June 2nd 09, 03:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

Default OT Over range microwave

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 12:27:37 GMT, "Margaret St. John"
wrote:

Hi all,
I've been researching over the range microwaves and none of them have
good
reviews for how long they last. Our current microwave is 12 years old
and running fine, but we are putting in cabinets to go from one row
to an L shape
As part of the L we want to move the microwave to the wall to get
back counter
space. If every microwave is as bad as the reviews say then they only
last
three or less years now. So I was wondering does anyone have an over
the range microwave has lasted longer than that? Has the quality
really gone down hill that badly for all manufacturers?

-Margaret in MA

We bought a GE seven years ago and it's going strong. A fan broke after
a couple of years. We had it replaced and so far . . . so good.

And, as Sue said: "Knock on wood" because I wouldn't want to go through
the arduous task of replacing it.

Nothing lasts anymore. We had to replace our stove a couple years ago
and it was told to us by more than one dealer: 7 years life expectancy.
We know that we will have to replace our refrigerator soon. 17 years
and counting. It's an Amana, but we looked at new Amanas and they are
*not* the same high quality.

Dianne