Old January 16th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

Default OT - Injury Woes

Lucky I finished the nightmare quilt when I did!

About a month ago I hurt my middle finger of my left hand (the "rude" finger
as the DDs call it) whilst attempting to start DD2's go-kart (it's a pull
the ripcord starter) and didn't worry about heading to the doctor as I
thought it would come good.

It didn't. After many weeks of pain (really real bad pain when you wake in
the middle of the night and try to uncurl your fingers - but general pain
when you move the finger (stretch or curl) - guess all the quilting didn't
help!) I attended my chiropracter hoping for a *Jesus Job* (not very PC but
he is a miracle worker, LOL). He gave me one of THOSE looks and said "Dear,
dear me - you've left me as a last resort again haven't you?". He then
proceeded to laser and manipulate away and told me that I have severe
tendonitis and I need to avoid any stress on it, ice massage it four times a
day and come back Friday for more laser in order to avoid getting something
called trigger finger (where the finger "sticks" in a curled position -
yuck!.

As he was poking away and I was grimacing with ouchiness I said "I don't
know why I recommend you to everyone when you cause pain" and he replied
"It's because I do it with a smile and I'm so nice about it". I couldn't
argue - he does and is.

So alas, quilting and sewing are on the backburner for a little while,
doesnt mean I can't dream and plan does it???

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (Ice massage is no
hardship in this weather - though I prolly should have avoided hauling in