Old December 30th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Sue Roessel Dura

Default Lustres

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:58:40 +0000, Susie wrote:

I've made notes against the images regarding glaze, enamels and lustres.
I found a long time ago that it's possible to paint enamels onto high
fired unglazed porcelain. Did the ancient Chinese used to do this?
Lustres don't want to work without the glaze base. Or has anybody out
there found a way around this?

Your work is amazing ;-) Where do you get lustres - are there recipes for them?
Do you have to fire them again after the glaze firing? Thanks! Sue