Old August 20th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default knitting smarter was Knitting speed ??

Tara D wrote:
On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 09:55:03 -0700, "The Other Kim"
wrote:

I guess that, like so many of us, I can't really be categorized as
pure process or pure project. I just love knitting. I've done
other forms of needlework over the years but always come back to my
first love g

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Of course none of us is purely in one category, or the other
(otherwise I would never have any finished things).

Let's try this a different way. You've signed up for a difficult
class at your local rec centre. You have a list of materials and
tools to bring to class, the pattern to be handed out by the teacher.
You pack up the required yarn, the correct needles, etc in your
workbag. You grab your workbag and head off to class. Before you
enter the classroom, you open the workbag and realize you grabbed the
wrong one; but this one has yarn (wrong size) and needles (appropriate
to the size of the yarn).

Do you leave without entering the class as it would be a waste of time
not having the correct materials? Enter the classroom, explain the
error to the teacher and take the pattern home to figure it out on
your own? Stay for the class, knowing that what you did wouldn't be
part of the finished product? Other options?

I would stay for the class, and take copious notes. Then I would see if my
yarn could possibly be adapted. If not, I would work like mad at home to get
my part of the finished project done in time.

Higs,
Katherine