Old January 6th 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Fabric 2006 Projects?

I might do this for a cheap computer keyboard. For a more expensive
one, I'd immediately suck out as much liquid as possible with a vacuum
(esp. wet/dry variety) and then use the hair dryer. I've had to do this
to a $1000 synthesizer (Mom spilled sweet tea into it) and it worked
just fine. If you do opt to rinse the keyboard, please remember to
unplug it from the machine first!

ages ago lucretia borgia wrote:
Oh dear - not much around the computer survives that stuff. Though I
have heard it said, if the worst happens, there is nothing lost by
quickly holding it under fresh water to wash off the soda, then drying
with a hair dryer. I have never had occasion to try it, but they said
the drying of the soda was worse than the quick clear rinse and
instant dry.

--
Brenda
Bilge Queen of Puzzle Pirates