Old February 19th 04, 11:16 AM
Carol

"patrick" wrote in message
The sixties were good. But tell me, what is your favorite time to model /
represent?

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I don't really have a favorite time but I don't particularly like
Victorian. My dollhouses are not authentic in terms of time periods but I
guess it's supposed to be the late 1800's. The house is Federal but I
embellished on it because I thought it was too plain looking. Federal was
plain looking. I won't mix modern in with my rooms but I don't agonize
over whether or not a particular piece would fit into the late 1800's. I
gave myself dollhouse license - I do what I want. I just don't invite
historians over to see my houses.

I am working on a store - actually the store is put together I just haven't
figured out what it's going to be yet. I'm probably going to do an
antique/junk shop to house all the broken or unsellable pieces I have. It
looks like it will be set in the 1930's-1940's.

I did something historically correct but it was purely accidental. I didn't
want to put a kitchen in the main house because I wanted a large kitchen and
didn't want to take up a lot of space in the house. I made a separate
servant's quarters with a kitchen. Apparently in Federal times the kitchen
wasn't in the main house due to fears of fire.

You can see my houses at http://www.spminiatures.com/house/ Everyone's
favorite house is the servant's quarters.

I admire people who do authentic time periods because it requires a lot of
research.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com