Old October 12th 07, 10:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary

Default Yarn for socks

I made a wonderful pair of socks with alpaca -- leftovers from a
sweater. However, I made them with a same-size strand of a wool
blend, so they are soft and thick and warm but still hold their
shape. Also, rather than traditional socks I made a pair of two-
needle socks to wear with Birkenstocks. I purposely made them too
large so I could toss them into the washer and dryer, and they shrunk
down to fit me very nicely. I love being able to wear my Birks in the
winter!