Old September 2nd 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default A small finish

So gorgeous! And what a great way to set them. You deserve a round of
applause!
Is there a site with, er, 4000 mini quilts on it? All in different
colors? Wow!
Roberta in D

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 07:03:21 -0700, Sandy
wrote:

Carol Doak's online paper piecing group was treated to a BOM over the
course of the past year. I finished each block as it came out -- all in
3" squares -- and then couldn't think how to put them together in
something a bit different from a 3 x 4 setting. As I was thinking about
that last month, the group swelled to 4000 members strong (yup -- that's
four *thousand*!), and Carol designed a block to celebrate that, too. I
made that one at 6" and it became the center of a square quilt with the
BOM blocks. If you'd like to see it, I have a photo at
http://www.sandymike.net/html/paperpieced.html#Starry_Starry_Night.

Unfortunately, the photo isn't very good. The pale lavender and the
yellow I used all look almost white. I may try to redo the photo later.