Old July 3rd 04, 02:35 PM
Jacqueline

I could kick myself for missing these quilts in DC this spring. I waited
until my last morning there to run an errand to the DAR for my mom, and
guess what was two buildings down? The Corchoran Gallery, with a huge
banner across the front proclaiming that the Quilts of Gee's Bend were on
exhibit. But I only had an hour to make it to the DAR, back to the hotel,
and on the road.

--
Jacqueline
Carmichaels PA
wrote in message
m...
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen wrote in message

Y'all might be interested in this article about antique needlework from
the Thursday, July 1st issue of the Baltimore Sun. The title was
"Stitches in Time". (And if you can't get the link to work, you can go
to www.baltimoresun.com and do a search for "Oblate Sisters")

http://www.baltimoresun.com/features...,1227143.story

Sue

And it wasn't just cross stitch. The women of Gee's Bend Alabama are
noted for their quilts. Quite of few of the families came north
during WWII and settled in Connecticut. Some of the quilts from
Gee's Bend have toured the US.

Lisa