Old July 10th 03, 01:42 AM
The Nielands

Wanda, Good luck on your quilts! My brother and his wife adopted two
children from Russia about four years ago (they were 2-1/2 and 17 months at
the time). They had very little problem adapting to English. My niece (the
older one) had more difficulty, simply because she was already talking, but
my nephew had no problem at all. Actually, it took him a while to start
talking -- I guess he just had to wait until he had something worth saying,
because he hasn't stopped since!

The idea of I Spy quilts is a great one. They'll remember playing on them
for years to come.

Louise
"Wanda" wrote in message
y.com...
My DS &DDI gave me a gift certificate from a new LQS for Mothers day. I
finally had time to spend it. I chose lots of I Spy fabrics. My Dr.& his

DW
leave Fri. for Russia. They have adopted a 10 mo.boy &11 Mo. old girl. I
want to make each of them an I Spy quilt. The only English they have heard
was in Apr. when they were at the orphanage. I think the I Spy will help
them. They really are too young to talk much in any language. I have the
alphabet paper pieced from Carol Doaks book. I'm not trying to match an
object to each letter but wanted the alphabet an numbers from 1 to 10 in

the
quilt.It feels like a fun project. Wanda from T-Town