Old March 27th 06, 06:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Mobile phones was - a new development in Scotland

Now that is not only rude, it's just plain outrageous!

The last time I chaired a business meeting and a mobile
phone went off I invited the recipient of the call to put it
on the speaker phone for the whole room to hear rather than
make us all listen to only one side of the conversation, . .
.. . . or else leave.

He got miffed and left - to the applause of three of the
other people in the room.

He was not missed!!

I teach groups of friends about quilting in my home, but IF
they bring their phones to an organised class, and IF the
phones ring during a class involving other people, I quietly
and politely ask them to leave the room to take the call or
message, and go on with the class.

I HATE MOBILE PHONES!! The number of people in the world
who are truly that important and indespensible to the
welfare of humanity is simply not that high. I'm sorry -
but I see 95% of mobile phones as just another load of ego
enhancers.

And that goes double for people who continually text
messages, even as they speak to you. Neither of the people
being communicated with is getting the appropriate degree of
attention, and it is rude to both.

Here it is illegal to use a handheld mobile while driving -
but that seems to have made little or no difference to most
drivers. How they can expect to drive safely while texting
is beyond me!

Now climbing quietly down of my soap box. Hope I have not
pierced any eardrums with my rant.

--
Cats ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
( U ) ( U ) ( U )

catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"Ginger in CA" wrote in message
ups.com...
: Oh, Polly, the most embarrassing thing yesterday - I went
to the
: funeral for my friend's daughter. She passed after a long
battle with
: brain cancer.
:
: Two people didn't set their cell phones to silent. You
guessed it -
: they went off during the funeral Mass.
:
: Ginger in CA
: