Old February 8th 17, 08:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian Christiansen

Default Jump Ring Quilt

On 02/08/2017 09:02 AM, wrote:
Hello Brian,
Thanks for all the information on the Kindle and down loading. I been unsure of what to buy and if I could actually download books. You know I am pretty dumb when it comes to computers or anything electronic.
Sandy$

Like I said (or at least implied), there is a short answer and a long
answer to your original question.

The short answer is that nothing really needs to be done except taking
the Kindle out of the box making sure it is charged for most types of
e-books.

The long answer is a confusing mess of different file types and which
the Kindle can support natively, and which need a separate app installed.

Night Mist, in her post gives some legitimate criticisms of the Amazon
products (Kindle/Kindle Fire), and I responded with my experiences
involving those particular shortcomings.

Unfortunately, I can give my opinion about e-readers and tablets, Night
Mist can give hers, and you can read online reviews from now till Saint
Swizen's Day (fans of the show M*A*S*H might get that reference), but
the only real way to tell if you would like an e-reader better than
regular paper-and-ink books is to actually try one. Perhaps you can
find someone that has one and you can borrow it for testing purposes.

--
Brian Christiansen