Old September 21st 04, 01:33 AM
Barbara Otterson

I have spent many hours setting,
polishing and soldering, but casting and making from scratch are two
different things. Using a cast doesn't make a piece, or a jeweler,
inferior.
@vicki [SnuggleWench]

And using a "cast" piece doesn't exclude a work from the "hand made"
definition. Esp. for me. I carve the wax, invest, burn out, cast and
finish each piece myself. Therefor, hand made.
I wonder how this definition fits to my "reproducible" line. Yes, the
pieces are all cast. But from my mold, made from my original. I pull
the waxes, invest, cast and finish. So even tho I can make thousands
(like I would want to?), each one would still fit that definition of
hand made.