Old September 20th 04, 10:50 AM
Kandice Seeber

I think maybe that jeweler is just trying to get you worried for some
reason. Take a step back and look at the fact that the FTC is not worried
about people who are making beaded jewelry and selling it. I think they are
more worried about the high-end expensive gemstone and gold jewelry, or even
stuff that is being assembled in sweat shops overseas and being sold here as
"handmade". If the FTC were really pressing the matter, you'd have heard
about people being shut down all over the place. Basically speaking - yes,
that rule is on the books. But so what? I would be much more worried if
the government was actually doing something about it. There's no way they
can, really. It would be logistically nearly impossible, and right now,
they have bigger fish to fry than the multitudes of handmade jewelry artists
out there. Don't worry about it, hun. Just keep creating and selling that
gorgeous jewelry of yours.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

]Okay, then, the FTC needs to define "industry product".
]Also, I have never heard of the FTC going after any jewelry
designer/maker
]for stating something is handmade. Why is this bothering you?

because it was sent to me BY A JEWELER, with regard to the things i'm
working on now. calling them 'hand made' is evidently illegal in the
US.

--
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com